WhisperKOOL Extreme 8000tiR Self-Contained Cooling Unit (w/ Remote) Review
Approx. 2000 cu. ft. when the cellar is fully insulated and sealed with a proper vapor barrier (each wine cellar is unique and has specific cooling requirements; heat load calculations should always be performed prior to selecting a cooling unit)
• Through-the-wall application
• Variable-speed fans
• Operates in extreme environments
• Simple installation (between wall studs)
• Liquid-temperature-measuring bottle probe
• Fully ductable
• 55°F temperature differential
• Standard and 24V thermostat options available
• Remote digital display with 50-ft. cable
The Extreme 3500tiR, 5000tiR, and 8000 tiR introduce the variable-speed fans to WhisperKOOL’s most advanced and powerful self-contained cooling system. Utilizing these fans, this high-capacity unit can maintain optimal cellar conditions. The Extreme is designed to fit between standard wall studs for a simple “through-the-wall” installation with minimal modification to an existing wall structure. Extremes can also be mounted through an exterior wall and can operate in a 110°F exhaust environment.
The Extreme Series was designed with easy installation in mind. The Extremes and the SC Series do not require an HVAC-R technician for installation.
Extreme tiR Self Contained: This product is intended for through-the-wall installations. It is an “upgrade” to the Extreme ti because it uses the KDT Plus remote controller and thermostat. The duct plenums for the evaporator and condenser can be purchased separately. The controller can be mounted outside the cellar, allowing you to monitor your cellar temperature without needing to enter. The controller can be mounted up to 50 feet away from the Extreme unit.
NOTE: If this unit will be installed through an exterior wall, you will need to purchase an exterior housing to protect the unit. If this unit will be installed through an interior wall, the hot air exhaust may be redirected to another location using the condenser ducting plenum kit.
24V Thermostat Conversion Kit
Introducing our new 24-volt thermostat conversion kit for WhisperKOOL split systems!
Utilize industry-leading technology from major manufacturers to monitor the environment of your cellar. (See individual thermostat manufacturers’ websites for details.)
- Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Monitor run time and energy usage.
- Set alarm notifications.
- View your cellar conditions from your mobile device.
The use of the 24-volt thermostat conversion kit eliminates the thermostat normally included with the system and allows your contractor to select, purchase and install the thermostat technology of your choice, including but not limited to Nest, Ecobee, and Honeywell.
By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V thermostat to run the equipment.
- Not utilizing the thermostat from WhisperKOOL also eliminates the use of the bottle probe.
- WhisperKOOL does not provide smart thermostats. Those must be purchased separately.
- WhisperKOOL customer service staff do not provide technical support for customers’ selected thermostats.